Mr. Phuc Thanh Nguyen
Director General of Authority of Information Technology Application
Ministry of Information and Communications
Mr. Nguyen Thanh Phuc has Ph.D Degree in Engineering, Hanoi University of Technology.
- 1993-2002: Official, General Post Office.
- 2002-2008: Vice President of National Institute of Information and Communications Strategy.
- 2008-Now: Director General of Authority of IT Application.
- IT Application policies and strategies.
- IT Technology trends.
- IT market trends.
[Abstract] Presentation: From e-Government to Digital Government: Vietnamese case
Over the past decade, the Government of Vietnam has made great efforts in the process of computerization and in the establishment of e-Government. According to the latest United Nations report 2018 on the development of e-Government, Vietnam ranks 88th out of 193 countries evaluated. In particular, for the Online Service Index (OSI), Vietnam has increased 15 steps and ranked 59th in comparison with 2016. However, the application of IT still has limitations and has not met the targets, the orientation, as well as not fully utilized the potential, existing conditions of ICT; in particular, the implementation in many areas is discrete, independent and there is no synchronization of social components.
Nowadays, the rapid development in technologies, such as Big Data, Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence, are potential drivers of the next level of e-Government: the Digital Government.
The presentation provides information on the status quo as well as solutions to use more effectively data and to apply new technologies to build a more effective and effective government. The contents of the presentation include:
- Status of Vietnam’s e-Government
- Important objectives and tasks of Vietnam’s e-Government until 2020
- e-Government towards Digital Government